Explore Bend Dermatology Clinic’s Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology options to check off your skin care goals in 2024. Our expert Providers will work with you to set up a plan to optimize your skin throughout the year. DermaSpa’s January Specials will leave your skin feeling refreshed and renewed through the Central Oregon winter.
Buy Five (5) Laser Hair Removal Treatments – Get One Free!
*Laser Hair Removal Packages may not be shared or transferred. Consultation may be required. Package must be purchased by January 31, 2024, and it expires on January 1, 2025.
PRODUCT SPECIAL: All moisturizers are 15% off. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Winter Skin Relief – make sure to stock up on moisturizers to keep the winter dry skin at bay.
What is Laser Hair Removal, and How Does it Work?
Laser Hair Removal is a procedure utilizing pulsed laser light, which is highly concentrated light, to impair and eliminate hair follicles. The laser’s specific light wavelength targets melanin or pigment in the hair, converting the emitted wavelength into heat energy. This process damages the hair root, preventing future regrowth.
Since hair goes through different growth phases, it must undergo multiple treatments to catch the hair in its optimal growth phase while still attached to the root.
Effective Areas for Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal can be applied to various body areas with unwanted hair growth, including:
- Face: Removing hair from the upper lip, chin, cheeks, and sideburns.
- Underarms: A popular choice due to thick and coarse hair.
- Bikini line: Reducing hair growth in the pubic area, including the bikini line.
- Legs: Commonly used to remove hair from the upper thighs, lower legs, and ankles.
- Back and chest: Men may opt for laser hair removal for back and chest hair.
- Arms: Including the forearms and upper arms.
What Should You Expect from a Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
During the initial consultation, a review of medical history, allergies, medications, and goals is conducted with one of our Providers. On the day of your treatment, the area is prepared by removing oils and performing a spot test to set effective yet comfortable settings. Once the site is treated, calming products are applied, and your Provider will discuss home care. Patients may experience warmth, itchiness, and redness post-treatment.
Hair typically falls out after about a week. You may only notice a slow patchy hair fading in the treated areas if you shave regularly. Hair not attached to the root may grow back finer and can be re-treated in subsequent appointments.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a safe and effective method with benefits such as:
- Elimination of in-grown hairs.
- Avoidance of irritation from shaving or waxing.
- Long-term solution.
- Time and money savings in the long run.
- Relatively painless treatments using advanced technologies.
Ideal Candidates for Laser Hair Removal
Ideal candidates have dark brown or black hair, with a necessary contrast between hair and skin color. Consultation with a qualified Licensed Professional is crucial to determine suitability, as laser treatments should be avoided in certain conditions like pregnancy, skin cancer, tattooed skin, epilepsy, or diabetes.
Four Tips to Keep Your Skin Healthy in the Winter Months
- Moisturize – This is the number one thing you must do this time of year. It is essential for your entire body. Use thicker moisturizers for your face and creams for the rest of your body and reapply throughout the day. Lotions are mostly water and will evaporate without protecting your skin. Avoid products that are dispensed with a pump. Instead, upgrade to using a CREAM or OINTMENT to add protective elements back to your skin. These are dispensed from jars or tubes. Look for moisturizers with ceramides, hyaluronic acid, or urea.
Use our January Product Special to stock up – All moisturizers are 15% off. We work with some of the leading skin care products, including EltaMD®, Epionce, SkinCeuticals®, and SkinMedica®.
- Use Sunscreen – Just because it’s winter does not mean you should forget the sunscreen. Whether cloudy or sunny, you must still protect yourself from the sun’s rays. Make sure the sunscreen covers both UVA and UVB rays, has an SPF of 30 or higher, and is something you will use. If you are going to be outside, make sure you reapply.
- Try a humidifier – Humidifiers help replace moisture in your home’s air. This will improve dry, itchy skin and help it retain that hydration. Humidifiers also help with dry, irritated sinuses. Ensure you maintain them well since they can also breed bacteria and mold if not used properly. Mayo Clinic has some great tips on how to keep your humidifier clean.
- Avoid long, hot showers – Hot showers are so tempting when you’re already cold, but changing your bathing habits can save your skin barrier. Warm water (instead of hot) will keep your skin healthier by not stripping those essential skin oils. Take the time to moisturize your body after getting out of the shower while your skin is still moist. This will help lock that moisture in.
When you get ready to take advantage of January’s great specials, you can make an appointment here. Bend Dermatology Clinic is the premier Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology Provider in Central Oregon. We are dedicated to delivering the best patient-focused skin care at East Bend, West Bend, Klamath Falls, Prineville, and Redmond locations.