Our quest for glowing, healthy skin is not a new concept. Throughout the ages, societies have used many treatments on the path to beautiful skin. The Ancient Egyptians would use milk and honey masks to moisturize their skin and dead sea salts for exfoliating and healing. The Ancient Greeks used olives and olive oil for exfoliation and moisturizing, as well as honey, milk, and yogurt as anti-aging preparations. While we are still on this quest today, we have a lot more options to help us achieve our goal. One of the most popular options available is HydraFacial®, a unique, patented system that cleanses, exfoliates, extracts, and hydrates all in one treatment.
What is HydraFacial?
HydraFacial is a gentle non-invasive, virtually painless, medical-grade treatment that uses a vortex swirling action to remove dead skin, dirt, debris, and impurities while hydrating and soothing your skin. Its patented technology includes three steps:
- Cleanse and peel –uncover a new layer of skin with gentle exfoliation and relaxing resurfacing.
- Extract and hydrate – a strong, painless vacuum suction removes debris, blackheads, and impurities safely from pores while hydrating your skin at the same time.
- Fuse and protect – this part of the treatment infuses serums selected specifically for your skin type and your skin care goals to maximize your glow.
The Signature HydraFacial treatment option takes only 30 minutes, making it convenient for most people’s schedules. It has been shown to help with a variety of skin issues, such as reducing fine lines and wrinkles, lightening dark spots and patches, cleaning clogged pores, reducing enlarged pores, clearing up mild acne, refining skin texture, and improving elasticity and firmness.
The HydraFacial Advantage
Right off the top, HydraFacial works on all skin types, and since it is customizable, you and your Licensed Aesthetician can personalize it to your skin type and goals. You can see consistent, positive results right away. Plus, there is no downtime associated with the treatment. You can go back to your daily routine immediately. We do recommend that you avoid makeup for the rest of the day, giving your skin a chance to soak up the moisturizing effects.
HydraFacial can be used on other parts of the body – it’s also great for places like your neck, décolleté, hands, arms, and back.
Most people find HydraFacial to be a relaxing, painless experience, and it is much gentler on your skin. Treatments such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion use more stringent methods to resurface and exfoliate your skin. While both are effective, they can be irritating to some skin types. HydraFacial is a softer approach since it uses water as an exfoliating medium, leaving you much more refreshed, with smoother, fresher skin. And don’t we all want some of that?
HydraFacial Treatments Bend Dermatology Clinic Offers
At Bend Dermatology we offer three different treatment options.
- Signature HydraFacial (30 minutes) – a customizable procedure that uses the patented Vortex-Fusion technology to cleanse, extract, hydrate, and infuse the skin with anti-aging peptides, antioxidants, and hyaluronic acid.
- Deluxe HydraFacial (45 minutes) – gives you all the benefits of the Signature HydraFacial plus a customized super serum booster that targets specific skin concerns. A relaxing and rejuvenating LED light treatment for a more corrective experience is also used in this therapy.
- Platinum HydraFacial (60 minutes) – the full detox HydraFacial. This option incorporates lymphatic drainage to detoxify and reduce inflammation in addition to all the preventive and corrective benefits of the Deluxe HydraFacial.
Is HydraFacial right for you?
HydraFacial works for all skin types, but you should avoid the treatment if you have an active rash, sunburn, or moderate to severe acne or rosacea. If you are currently on Accutane, you might want to wait six months after you finish treatment before you get a HydraFacial treatment.
As always, make sure you discuss any conditions (including pregnancy), allergies, or medications prior to any treatment.
Getting Great Results
The visible results of HydraFacial are immediate. The skin glow and amazing hydration can last from 5 to 7 days. We would recommend you treat yourself to a HydraFacial at least once a month to keep your skin glowing. If monthly treatments don’t fit your schedule or budget, one HydraFacial with the changing of the seasons can be very beneficial for your skin.
The best part is that HydraFacial plays well with other treatments. As you can see from our selection above, we have paired them with LED treatments and lymphatic drainage. You can also consider getting dermal fillers after a HydraFacial.
Just remember that HydraFacial is customizable to your needs. Work together with one of our Certified Advanced Aestheticians to help you achieve your skin goals.
Ready to start indulging in the benefits of a HydraFacial? Book an appointment online today.