All About Your Dermatology Appointment
You have booked your dermatology appointment, what’s next? Learn all you need to know about your upcoming appointment here, from what to expect during your visit, to answering your questions about contactless check-in, to learning about your Patient Portal and Medical Information Portal.
Click on each box for a step-by-step guide of what to expect at your appointment.
- If you are a new patient, you will receive an email from Bend Dermatology Clinic with links and instructions to set up your Patient Portal and fill in your patient intake forms for contactless patient check in.
- If you have visited us before, you are an established patient. Depending on the date of your last visit, you may be asked to submit updated patient intake forms to ensure that you have the most up-to-date records and agreements on file with us.
For your convenience, our practice uses automated phone, text, and email reminders. As your appointment approaches, please expect to receive several appointment reminders. Please expect any one of these messages depending
on the method of message you chose when you completed your patient intake forms.
- Review the location where you will see your Dermatology Provider. Learn more about our locations here.
- If additional procedures have been recommended by your Medical Provider, a clinical team member will reach out to schedule your next appointment.
- For Mohs Micrographic Skin Cancer Surgery, you will receive information to help you prepare for your surgery. A Medical Assistant:
- Will have already called you with your results from your previous visit and assisted you with scheduling your Mohs surgery.
- Will walk you through all the information you need for the day of surgery.
A Patient Care Coordinator will welcome you when you check in at our front desk. At that time, they will also collect a copay as applicable. Part of our contactless check-in includes keeping a form of payment on file so our team will not need to ask you for a credit card or other form of payment if your information is already on file.
When your exam room is ready, a clinical team member will greet you and show you to your exam room. Once in your exam room, they will help you with any instructions to prepare for your consultation with our Medical Dermatology Providers.
Once your consultation with a Medical Provider is completed, please ask your clinical team member about scheduling any follow-up appointments – they, or our Patient Care Coordinators at the front desk will assist you with booking your next appointment.
Depending on your insurance provider, you will usually receive an explanation of benefits (EOB) from them. Following that, you should receive a statement from our Practice for any remaining balance. We will use the credit card of file to pay the minimum you indicated on your credit card authorization form.